Who would let me do this to their concrete floor?! Artist, Kathy Cano Murillo came up with this tutorial and it looks ahhh-maazing!! I just had to share it! Steps and video below.
Video: How To Glitter A Floor
What You Will Need:
- Garage/concrete floor coating kit
- 2 paint rollers with handles and 2 trays
- Scrub brush, mop and bucket (for cleaning)
- 6-8 jars of chunky glitter
- Brush for edging
- A gallon of water-based high gloss polyurethane varnish
- Fans, open windows!
- Use the cleaner in the kit to fully clean your floor. Mix it in the bucket, scrub, rinse with mop.
- Scrape off any glue, patch holes, let dry.
- Mix the two parts of paint mixture according to package directions. Stir vigorously!
- Pour into one paint tray, use a brush to paint the edges of the room.
- Now use one of the rollers to paint a section of the room.
- Throw handfuls of glitter in the air so it lands evenly.
- Keep working section by section, make sure to add glitter to cover the section lines so it will all blend.
- Let dry over night, extra if you live in a humid climate.
- Use push broom to sweep off excess glitter.
- Scrub away areas that are too thick, you want it to all be even.
- Sweep up extra and toss it.
- Open can of varnish, pour in the second paint tray and use second roller to apply an even coat. Let dry and add another coat.
- Repeat four or five times. You want the floor to be smooth so you can wipe up any spills.
- Let dry for 2-3 days before moving in furniture or walking on it.
Tutorial, Images and Video all owned and created by Kathy Cano Murillo